Jeffrey L. Herring
Honors & Awards
- Magna Cum Laude Baylor University
- Phi Beta Kappa Baylor University
- "Graduate of Distinction" University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- Keeneth Johnson teaching award by Vanderbilt University Resident
- Baylor University
Waco, TX (B.S. 1982)
- Medical School Univ. of Oklahoma College of Medicine
Oklahoma City & Tulsa, OK (M.D. 1986)
University of Tennessee College of Medicine
Foot and Ankle Surgery
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Herring graduated Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa from Baylor University in his home state of Texas with a Bachelor of Science degree in psychology. He is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine in 1986. He completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Tennessee College of Medicine and a fellowship in foot and ankle surgery at Duke University Medical Center. He is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, and a member of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society.
Dr. Herring joined Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance in 1994. He specializes in orthopaedic surgery with an emphasis on foot and ankle surgery. Dr. Herring is a member of the medical staffs at Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital and Centennial Medical Center. Over the years, he has presented papers covering issues such as sports medicine, foot and ankle injuries and reconstructive surgery. He has also served as clinical instructor in orthopaedic surgery for Vanderbilt University Orthopaedic Residency program and University of Tennessee College of Medicine.
Dr. Herring served as the team physician to the Tennessee Titans/Oilers from 1997-2003. He serves as the team doctor for Harpeth Hall School in Nashville and as an orthopaedic consult for the Nashville Ballet.
Dr. Herring and his wife have three children.
Professional Organization Membership
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- Piedmont Orthopaedic Society
- Nashville Academy of Medicine
- Tennessee Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- Southern Orthopaedic Association
- NFL Team Physician Society 1997-2003